HP Officejet Pro 6978 Wireless Setup
HP Officejet Pro 6978 Wireless Setup
Wireless setup is a method used for connecting the Officejet Pro 6978 printer to the devices such as a computer or laptop. There are different ways using which the wireless connection can be established. Some of the features that enable wireless connection are Wireless Setup Wizard, Wi-Fi Direct, HP Smart app, and more. The instructions on how to perform the HP Officejet Pro 6978 wireless setup are discussed on this web page.
Connecting to HP OJP6978 Wireless Printer for the First Time
- After the Officejet Pro 6978 printer is shipped to your home, open the package. Take all the accessories out and then keep the Officejet Pro 6978 printer in a well-ventilated area.
- Establish the power connection by connecting the electrical cable between your Officejet Pro 6978 printer and the socket.
- Press and hold the Officejet Pro 6978 printer’s Power button to switch it On.
- Set the primary settings on the control panel of the device.
- Insert paper into the tray and fix the cartridges.
- Download the driver from our page. While installing the driver, make sure to select USB as the type of connection.
- Use a USB cord of the right length, preferably less than 3 m.
- Attach the USB cord to the USB port on your Officejet Pro 6978 printer and the system. Add your Officejet Pro 6978 printer to the list of devices and then carry out a print job.
HP Officejet Pro 6978 Setup Wireless for Mac
- The steps on how to connect the Officejet Pro 6978 printer to a Mac system using Wi-Fi Direct are listed below.
- Make sure that the printer driver installed on your Mac PC is updated.
- First, enable the Wi-Fi Direct feature by navigating to the operation panel of the Officejet Pro 6978 printer.
- Open the Dashboard and then tap the Wi-Fi Direct button.
- Select the Settings option and then switch On the Wi-Fi Direct feature.
- Ascertain that the cartridges are installed and enough paper are inserted into the tray.
- Choose the Wireless icon and click your Officejet Pro 6978; it will have the word DIRECT mentioned in its name.
- When prompted to type the Wi-Fi Direct key, enter 12345678.
- Now, check whether the printer is connected to the Mac desktop by performing a print operation.
Install HP Officejet Pro 6978 Wireless
To clean the HP Officejet Pro 6978 Printhead, follow the procedures given below.
- Use the HP Smart application for connecting your Windows 10 personal computer to the Officejet Pro 6978 printer.
- HP Smart can also be used for checking the ink levels, printing, scanning, and more.
- Now, open to the app store on your Windows device and then download the HP Smart application.
- Follow the displayed instructions for installing the HP Smart app.
- Open the tool. It searches for all printers that are connected to the HP Officejet Pro 6978 wireless setup network.
- If only one printer is associated with the network, the HP Smart app chooses it automatically.
- To set a new printer on the Wi-Fi network, choose the + button.
- Now, click on the Set up a new printer option and then do according to the prompts that appear on your computer window to finish the setup.
HP Officejet Pro 6978 Wifi Setup
- Before beginning the Wi-Fi setup, make sure that no USB or Ethernet cord is attached to the Officejet Pro 6978 printer.
- Gather your Wi-Fi network name and its password.
- Power On the Officejet Pro 6978 printer, PC, and the wireless access point. Confirm that your personal system is associated with the correct Wi-Fi network.
- From the Officejet Pro 6978 printer, swipe the screen to open the Dashboard.
- Now, select the Setup icon and tap the Wireless button. Touch the Settings option.
- Choose the Wireless Settings button and then press either the Wireless Setup Wizard or Wi-Fi Protected Setup option.
- Tap your network name from the list and type the password if prompted.
- Carry out the instructions that display on your computer screen.
- Now, do a print function to check whether the HP Officejet Pro 6978 Wireless Setup is done correctly.
How to Print Wirelessly to HP Officejet Pro 6978
- Make sure that your computer is connected to an active Internet connection.
- To print using the HP Print for Chrome application, you need a Google account.
- Confirm that you are utilizing the updated version of the Chrome browser.
- Complete the hardware setup of the Officejet Pro 6978 printer and then link it to your PC.
- On your system, launch the Chrome browser and then navigate to the HP Print for Chrome website.
- The HP Print for Chrome App dialog box opens on your desktop.
- Select the Add to Chrome option and then follow the prompts that appear on every pop-up window.
- The HP Print for Chrome window appears, close it.
- Now, start performing the print function. Open the text or picture that has to be printed from the Chrome browser.
- Choose the Print icon, and the Print window will appear on the screen.
- Select the Change button from the Destination tab.
- Click your HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer in the Print Destinations window.
- Specify the print settings as required and then select the Print button.
123-hp-ojpro6978.com has the information which is true to the best of our knowledge. We provide instructions that support all brands of printers, and we operate independently. The site is developed to assist the users in all aspects regarding the issues in any brands of printers. We are a third-party service provider and not related to the printer manufacturers in any way.