HP Officejet Pro 6978 Print From Iphone
HP Officejet Pro 6978 Print From iPhone
The HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer has AirPrint enabled by default, so your Apple devices will automatically discover nearby printers or MFP’s on the same network, and you’ll be able to use them without any additional setup. Using the in-built AirPrint app, you can use print function from your iPhone.
How To Print on HP 6978 From iPhone?
- From Apple iOS devices, you can print directly to a Wi-Fi Direct-enabled HP printer without a wireless network.
- On your printer, hold and press the Wi-Fi Direct button.
- Now, press the Information button or press and hold the Resume button for two-three seconds to print a report that includes the Wi-Fi direct name and password.
- In the Wi-Fi direct options, make sure the connection method is set to Automatic.
- From your Apple iOS device, tap Settings and then tap Wi-Fi.
- From the list of available networks, select your printer’s Wi-Fi Direct name as listed on the printed report.
- Input the password and hit the Enter button.
- Now, open the document or photo you want to print.
- Click on the Share icon and then tap Print.
- Select your HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer model and then tap Print.
- Your photo or document prints.
- Reconnect your Apple iOS device to your wireless network.
HP Officejet Pro 6978 Double-Sided Printing
To clean the HP Officejet Pro 6978 Printhead, follow the procedures given below.
- Load paper in the input tray and then lift the output tray.
- Pull out the input tray towards you.
- Slide the paper width guides out.
- Insert the Standard A4 paper in the center of the tray and slide it forward until it stops.
- Make sure that the papers are aligned with the appropriate paper size lines on the bottom of the input tray.
- Make sure your HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer is connected to your system. Browse the document that you want to print.
- Press the Ctrl and P keys on the keyboard to select the Print option.
- The Properties dialog box opens.
- Select an option from the Print On Both Sides drop-down list.
- To change other print settings, click the other tabs.
- Click OK and close the Properties window.
- Click Print or OK to begin printing.
HP 6978 Photo Printing
Printing the Photo Document is the same as printing any other document. While printing the Photo document, the print quality in the properties must be modified to best.
How To Print Envelopes On the HP Officejet Pro 6978?
- Lift the output tray and pull out the input tray to extend it.
- Load the envelopes with the front-face-down and the flap to the left.
- Slide in the paper guides until they touch the edges of the envelopes.
- On the printer control panel, a prompt message will pop up stating Did You Load Plain Paper? press No.
- Modify the paper size and type of Envelope loaded in the printer and press Done.
- Pull out the output tray extension.
- Open the Microsoft Word document, go to File and then select Page Setup.
- Choose Envelope from the drop-down menu in the Paper size.
- Select the Landscape orientation and clear the Print Page number checkbox option.
- Adjust the Margin as per your desire and press OK to continue.
- Enter the return and recipient address.
- Centralize the recipient address from the paragraph options.
- Go to File and then click the Print option.
- Before proceeding to print, select Print Preview.
- Review layout and click on the Print icon on the upper-left corner.
- Now, choose your HP 6978 Pro printer and then click on the Print option to print the envelope.
How To Print Photos On HP Officejet Pro 6978?
- Lift the output tray and draw the input tray out to extend it.
- Insert the photo paper in the center of the tray and slide it inside until it stops.
- Push the paper-width guides in the tray until they touch the edge of the papers and then close the tray.
- Pull out the output tray extension.
- Browse the document that you want to print.
- Press on Ctrl and P on the keyboard to open the print option.
- Opens the Properties dialog box.
- Choose the paper size you loaded in the input tray from the Paper Size menu.
- Select the HP Advanced Photo Paper from the Paper Type menu.
- Under Print Quality, click Best.
- Click OK to apply the settings.
- Click Print or OK to print the photo.
HP Officejet Pro 6978 AirPrint Not Working
- Make sure that the HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 printer is connected to the Wireless connection.
- Ensure whether you have enabled Wi-Fi network in the iOS device and is connected to the same network that of the printer.
- Turn off the iOS device and the printer.
- Turn off your router. Now, turn on the printer and then the router.
- Wait for a few moments for the router to turn all lights on.
- Connect your printer to the router.
- Now, turn on the iPhone, enable Wi-Fi, and connect your phone to printer’s Wi-Fi Direct connection.
- Make sure the setting method for Wi-Fi Direct Connection in the printer is set to Automatic.
- Note the Wi-Fi Direct Username and password.
- Now, connect your iPhone to Printer’s Wi-Fi direct by entering the password. Your iPhone is now connected to the printer.
- Open the document and try printing any item.
- AirPrint is now working fine with Phone and HP OfficeJet Pro 6978.
HP Officejet Pro 6978 Error Printing
- If the printer is not printing even though it’s connected to the computer, proceed with the following steps.
- When you try to print something, nothing seems to happen and might be printer went offline.
- Disconnect the printer from your computer.
- Open Control Panel and then go to the System and Security.
- Open the Administrator tools and double-click on the services.
- Now, scroll down to the Printer Spooler option.
- Click Printer Spooler and click on the Stop option.
- After clicking the Stop option, reconnect the printer to the computer.
- Wait for a few seconds. Once your printer is connected, click on the Start option.
- Your printer is now connected to the computer.
- The HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 printing error is resolved and able to print.
123-hp-ojpro6978.com has the information which is true to the best of our knowledge. We provide instructions that support all brands of printers, and we operate independently. The site is developed to assist the users in all aspects regarding the issues in any brands of printers. We are a third-party service provider and not related to the printer manufacturers in any way.