HP Officejet Pro 6978 Install
HP Officejet Pro 6978 Install
Installation is the process of setting up your printer and bringing it to the ready-state in order to perform the printer functions. You can perform the installation process by following the steps mentioned below. Here we have given you the steps to install your printer, driver, and ink cartridge.
HP Officejet Pro 6978 Printer Installation
The printer installation is the process that involves unboxing and setting up the printer.
To do so, proceed with the guidelines mentioned below.
- First, unbox your printer and place it on a flat surface.
- Safeguard the add-ons like power cord, USB cable, warranty card, two-wire phone cable (is your printer supports fax), set up poster, user manual, etc., that came along with your printer.
- You can set the box and other packing materials for the recycling process.
- Ensure that you remove all the protective materials from your printer.
- Remove the twist tie from the power cord and connect one end to the port that is located on the back of your printer.
- Now, plug in the other end to the wall outlet. It is recommended you to plug your device to the wall outlet.
- Now, power on the printer using the power button. Wait until the printer begins the initialization.
- Select the Language, Country/ Region, then press Confirm after each selection. Similarly, choose the Date & Time; and touch Continue. Once again, press Continue Setup.
- Install the cartridges that came along with your printer by opening the ink cartridge access door.
- Remove the Insert from the carriage and place the ink cartridges in its slot with respect to the color and name. Close the ink cartridge access door.
- Load the printing sheets in your printer by sliding out the input tray and lifting the output tray.
- Touch Done Ok. On tapping Ok, your printer prints a test page. Now, place the printed sheet on the scanner to perform scanning.
- After completing the same, touch Ok. Now, your printer is in the ready-state, here you have to begin the driver installation process.
HP Officejet Pro 6978 Driver Install
You can download the printer driver using the Setup CD or by downloading the printer driver from this site.Basic information:
- The file format for the Windows OS is .exe, and for Mac it is .dmg.
- Disconnect the connections made between your printer and the system.
- Some steps may vary with respect to the OS that you are using.
- In case you are using the CD to install the printer driver, do the setup below.
- Insert the CD into its drive and wait until your system recognizes it.
- Once you access the CD, choose the driver file that is compatible with your OS and its version.
- Copy the content on the CD to a local drive or just double-click on it to begin the installation.
- If you are using a latest version of the Mac system, then CD drive will not be available.
- In such cases, you will have to insert the CD to another system and copy the contents in the CD to a flash/ USB drive.
- Now, insert the USB drive and follow the steps to perform the installation process of the printer driver.
- Double-click on the setup file and start the installation process.
- On the Installer Window, select Continue ----> Next.
- Read the 'License Agreement' and select the checkbox under the terms displayed.
- Click Next, when the installation process begins.
- Pick the connection type from the list of options displayed in the Connection Options window.
- Click Next and then wait until the installation is complete. When you are prompted to connect your printer using the USB cable if you’ve chosen the wired connection, perform the same.
- If you wish to connect your printer using the wireless connection, perform the same and ensure that you connect your printer to a secure home network with a bandwidth between 2.4 GHz to 5 GHz.
- Click Finish once the installation is complete. Now, try to perform the printer function using your HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer.
How to Install Cartridges in HP Officejet Pro 6978
- While performing the initial setup, you will have to use ink cartridges that came in your HP printer parcel.
- By doing so, only your printer can recognize the ink cartridge and start performing its functions without any errors.
- There are two cases in which you will perform the cartridge installation. One is when your ink level is low or empty, and the other is when you have to replace the ink cartridge.
- The second case is to perform the ink cartridge installation while performing the initial setup.
- To replace the ink cartridge, remove the existing one, and replace it with a new cartridge.
- For more details about replacing the ink cartridge, refer to the instructions in the Ink Cartridge Replacement section on this site.
- Now, let us begin the ink cartridge installation by following the guidelines mentioned below.
- Power on your HP printer and wait until the carriage remains idle.
- Open the printer's cartridge access door and remove the inserted one from the carriage.
- Take the new ink cartridge and remove the packing on the cartridge.
- Rotate the orange cap on your cartridge until it snaps off.
- Now, place the cartridge in its slot with respect to the name and color label on your printer.
- Insert the black, cyan, yellow, and magenta cartridges in their slots respectively.
- Push the cartridges in their slots gently until it snaps in its place.
- Now, close the cartridge access door and print an alignment page to know if the cartridges are correctly installed.
How to Install Scanning Software on HP Officejet Pro 6978
- You need not install the scanning software separately if you install the full-featured driver.
- When installing the Full-featured driver on your Windows system, HP Scan will come with the driver package that you are installing.
- In the case of Mac OS, HP Easy Start software will allow you to install the printer driver that is necessary for your system.
- On your Mac system, the HP Easy Scan software will be installed, here you can perform the Scan function by just launching the application.
- To know more on how to perform the Scan function, go to the Scan functions page.
- If you have downloaded the Basic drivers or the driver from the Setup CD, you can update them to perform the Scan function without any interruptions.
HP Officejet Pro 6978 Won't Print After New Cartridges Installed
- In case you are not able to perform the Print function after installing the ink cartridge, follow the guidelines mentioned below.
- Sometimes, your printer may not recognize the new ink cartridge.
- Switch off your printer for few minutes and try printing using your HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer. Verify whether you have placed the ink cartridges in their slots correctly.
- Ensure that you have not mismatched the cartridge slots.
- If the above-mentioned step is not the case, then try cleaning the printhead and check if the issue is resolved. You can perform printhead cleaning using the printer’s control panel.
- Check if you are using genuine ink cartridges as HP does not support cartridges that belong to other brands.
- Re-install the printer driver and check if you can perform the Print function using your HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer.
123-hp-ojpro6978.com has the information which is true to the best of our knowledge. We provide instructions that support all brands of printers, and we operate independently. The site is developed to assist the users in all aspects regarding the issues in any brands of printers. We are a third-party service provider and not related to the printer manufacturers in any way.