How to Connect HP Officejet Pro 6978
How to Connect HP Officejet Pro 6978
- Follow the procedure given here to connect the HP printer to your Mac system using the Wired Network connection. Check if your router has Ethernet ports.
- Ensure that the computer is connected to the router.
- Check if you have an Ethernet cable to connect the router and the printer.
- Connect the Ethernet cable between the HP printer and the router.
- Before connecting it, check if you have removed the protective cap present on the cable.
- The next step is installing the necessary drivers on your Mac system.
- The HP Easy Start is a step by step guide that can be used to install the drivers successfully. The printer will be automatically recognized while installing it.
- With the Print Using Menu, you have to add your printer to the list of devices.
- You can give a name to the printer and set the location in the Add Devices screen.
- Complete the setup process, and then you can start printing.
How to Connect HP Officejet Pro 6978 to Computer
- You can connect your printer to the computer using a USB cable.
- Verify whether the printer is turned on and is ready to be connected.
- Also, check if you have the USB cable provided by the manufacturer.
- Do not connect any cable to the computer or printer before installing the required drivers.
- Go to the manufacturer’s site and specify the required details to search for the driver.
- Once you find the driver, click the Driver Download button to download it to your system.
- Before installing the driver, remove any devices that are added to the list of devices by navigating to Devices option from Windows.
- Select the Device and Printers option and right-click your printer model’s icon.
- Click on the Remove Device option to delete the existing devices.
- Run the setup file in the next step to install the drivers.
- A series of prompts will be displayed on the installed screen once the installation begins. Follow them to install the driver.
- When you are halfway through the connection, choose the Connection Type as USB when prompted.
- Connect the Officejet Pro printer and the computer using a USB cable when prompted.
HP Officejet Pro 6978 Connect to Laptop
- This method will help you connect the printer and your Windows system through the HP Smart app.
- Using this app, you can connect the printer to your wireless network.
- To download the app, navigate to the Windows Store on your computer.
- Search for the HP Smart app. Click the Install option to download and install it.
- Give the necessary permissions for the app to be installed on your system.
- Wait till the installation is over.
- Open the app on your computer.
- The next step is to add the Officejet Pro printer to a wireless network.
- To do so, first, connect the printer to the network.
- Go to the Settings option and turn on the Wireless feature.
- Once your printer is connected to the network, go to the app and tap the Plus symbol.
- Select the Set up a New Printer option.
- Read through the instructions and follow them to complete the setup process.
- You can start printing or scanning documents once the setup procedure is over.
How to Connect HP 6978 Printer to Wifi
- Before connecting the printer to your Wi-Fi network, connect it to the computer.
- Enable the Wireless option on your computer. Choose a network of your choice.
- Enter the correct Security Key and click the Connect option.
- Select the Settings option on the Control panel of your printer.
- Go to Wireless settings and then choose the Wireless Setup Wizard option.
- Follow the guidelines displayed to connect the printer to the computer.
- Once you follow the instructions, your printer and computer will be connected via a wireless network.
How to Connect HP Officejet Pro 6978 to Mac
- Make use of the USB connection to connect the HP Officejet Pro 6978 and Mac system.
- The printer should be turned on, and a USB cable should be available.
- Refrain from attaching any USB or Ethernet cables to the printer or computer before installation of drivers.
- Navigate to the manufacturer’s site and enter the model number and OS version to find the right drivers.
- Download the drivers to the system using the driver download button. Double-click on the driver setup file to initiate the installation process.
- The HP Easy Start will help you set up the printer by giving proper guidelines.
- During the installation procedure, you will be asked to choose a Connection Type. Select the USB option.
- Connect the USB cable to the HP printer and the computer’s port when a prompts displays. Add the printer to the list, and you are done with the setup process.
Cannot Connect HP 6978 Printer
- To rectify this issue, connect the printer to the network and set a Static IP Address for your printer.
- Find out the IP address of the printer by navigating to the Wireless menu on your printer's control panel.
- Open your default browser and key in the IP Address of the printer in the address bar.
- The EWS page will open. Select the Network tab and choose the Network Protocols option.
- Tap the Enable IPv4 only option and save the settings.
- Go back to the Network tab and choose the Wireless (802.11) option followed by the Network Address (IPv4) option.
- Select the Radio button near the Manual IP option and click on the Suggest a Manual IP Address option.
- Tap the Manual DNS Server button and under preferred type and key in 22.214.171.124.
- Under the Alternate Type option and specify 126.96.36.199.
- Save the settings you modified and check if the issue has been resolved.
Cannot Connect HP Officejet Pro 6978 to My Pc
- Solve this issue by uninstalling the printer and installing it again on your system.
- Disconnect any cables connected to the computer.
- Open the Control Panel and select the Programs and Features option.
- Choose the HP Officejet 6978 entries and uninstall them.
- Go to the Devices and printers option and delete all the printer entries from that window.
- Remove the device from your computer and restart it.
- Launch the Run window on your system, key in services.msc, and tap OK.
- Right-click on Remote Procedure Call option and choose the Properties option.
- Assign the Startup Type as Automatic and save it.
- Similarly, go to the Function Discovery Provider Host option and set the Startup Type to Manual.
- Do the same with the Function Discovery Resource Publication option also.
- Now, install the printer driver on your system and select the Mode of Connection as Wireless. Check if they have been connected properly.
Cannot Connect HP Officejet Pro 6978 to Wifi
- Check if the printer is connected properly to the power source.
- Verify whether the wireless network is turned on and is giving out strong signals.
- Place the device near the access point to receive strong signals.
- If it is placed very far away, then these issues can occur. If Use this Printer Offline option is enabled on your computer, deselect.
- Check if the Officejet Pro printer and your device are connected to the same wireless network. Get the help of the technical experts if the above-given solutions fail.
Cannot Connect to HP 6978 Printer
- First, download and run the HP Print and Scan Doctor on your system.
- Open the software after it downloads.
- Run the software by clicking the Start button.
- If there is any issue with the software, then the instructions to solve it will be displayed on your screen.
- Follow them to resolve the issue.
123-hp-ojpro6978.com has the information which is true to the best of our knowledge. We provide instructions that support all brands of printers, and we operate independently. The site is developed to assist the users in all aspects regarding the issues in any brands of printers. We are a third-party service provider and not related to the printer manufacturers in any way.