123.hp.com/ojpro6978 Printer Setup
Improve your printer’s efficiency and up-time with our solutions to unique printer needs. Extend your printer’s usage to a lot more than just printing. Because streamlining your business comes with the best 123.hp.com/ojpro6978 printer maintenance.
HP Officejet Pro 6978 How to Setup
- The first thing to be done is to open the shipment box.
- An installer CD for both the Mac and Windows system is provided.
- Take all the components such as the set up poster, Get Started Guide, and then keep them aside.
- Remove your Officejet Pro 6978 printer from the plastic bag and place it on a flat area.
- Ensure that all the packing materials and tapes present on the printer are discarded.
- Remove the twist tie from the electrical cord and then insert it into the Officejet Pro 6978 printer’s rear.
- For the best performance, plug the other end of the cord to a power outlet without using any extension or surge protector.
- Power On your 123.hp.com/ojpro6978 printer and change the necessary settings on the control panel.
- Install the cartridges into the respective slots.
- During the first time setup procedure, you must place only the shipped ink cartridges.
- Load enough papers, and the setup process is complete.
HP Officejet pro 6978 Driver
A software that is used for establishing the communication between your Officejet Pro 6978 printer and laptop or computer is known as a driver. You can get the Officejet Pro 6878 printer driver from this site by clicking on the Driver Download button.
HP Officejet Pro 6978 Wireless Setup
- Before starting the wireless setup, get your wireless network name and password.
- Ensure that the hardware setup process of your Officejet Pro 6978 printer is complete. Go to the printer’s operation panel, locate and then tap the Setup icon.
- Touch Network Setup and then choose either the Wireless or Wireless Settings option.
- The Officejet Pro 6978 printer searches for routers within its range after you press the Wireless Setup Wizard.
- Select your SSID and tap the OK button.
- Type the security key using the on-screen keyboard.
- Touch OK on the Confirm Settings dialog box.
- The Connection Successful dialog box displays on the screen; it indicates that the 123.hp.com/ojpro6978 printer linked to the network successfully.
HP Officejet Pro 6978 Airprint Setup
- First, make sure that the Officejet Pro 6978 printer is switched On and connected to the wireless network.
- Open the Wi-Fi settings window on your Apple device and ensure that it is linked to the same Wi-Fi network as your Officejet Pro 6978 printer.
- Now on your mobile device, open the document, web page, or email that has to be printed.
- Touch the Share option and then select the Print icon.
- Choose the Select Printer option and choose your HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer.
- Alter any specified print settings and then tap Print.
HP Officejet Pro 6978 Ink Cartridge Replacement
- Change the cartridge if the ink level in it is low or empty. First, switch On the Officejet Pro 6978 printer.
- Open the access door and wait for the carriage to remain idle.
- On the ink cartridge that has to be replaced, place your finger and push to release it from the slot.
- Now, pull the cartridge outwards.
- After purchasing the cartridges, make sure that it is compatible with the printer.
- Take the new cartridge from the packing and then pull the orange tab.
- Remove the orange cap by twisting it in the counter-clockwise direction.
- Do not touch the ink ports or copper colored contacts.
- Make sure to insert the replacement cartridge into the appropriate slot.
- Ensure that the label color matches the color dot present on the carriage. Push the cartridge in so that it gets seated firmly.
- If required, replace all the other empty cartridges.
- Lower the access door and tap OK on the 123.hp.com/ojpro6978 printer’s touch panel.
HP Officejet pro 6978 Check Ink Levels
- You can check the ink levels on the printer’s front panel.
- Just look for a Cartridge or an Ink Drop icon touch it, and then the ink level of your cartridge get displayed on the screen.
- However, you can also view the desired levels on your computer, laptop, or mobile.
Replace HP Officejet Pro 6978 Printhead
A few of the HP Officejet Pro 6978 printers may have removable printheads and a few may not. In such a case, check whether your printer contains a printhead and if so, follow the steps provided below.
- Purchase the new printhead from the official store.
- Place unused papers into the input tray.
- Confirm that the Officejet Pro 6978 printer is switched On.
- Open the access door and wait until your HP Printer remains calm.
- Raise the latch handle on the carriage.
- Hold the sides of the printhead and then lift it out of the printer. Dispose of the old printhead.
- Take the new printhead out of the plastic packing. Hold the printhead by its sides.
- The electrical contacts on the printhead must face the rear of your 123.hp.com/ojpro6978 printer.
- Place the new printhead into the carriage. Close the latch handle on the carriage carefully.
HP Officejet Pro 6978 How to Print
- Keep plain papers into the main input tray and install the compatible cartridges.
- Confirm that the Officejet Pro 6978 printer is linked to the computer.
- Go your system and then choose the file to be printed.
- The file will display on your personal computer after you open it.
- Open the Print dialog box on your desktop by pressing the Ctrl and P keys on your keyboard at the same time.
- After the Printing pop-up box displays on the computer, choose your HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer.
- Alter the print settings if needed.
- Select the Print button to send the document to your 123.hp.com/ojpro6978 printer and wait for the print task to complete.
HP Officejet Pro 6978 How to Scan
- The instructions on how to scan using the HP Scan software are as follows.
- To get the HP Scan software, download and install the driver from this site.
- Load the item to be scanned with the print side facing down on the glass.
- Click the Windows button on your system and select the Print & Scan or Print & Fax tab in the HP Printer Assistant software.
- Click the Scan button and then choose the Scan a Document or Photo option.
- Now the HP Scan window will display on the screen. Select the appropriate scan shortcut and modify any desired settings.
- Tick the Show San Preview or Show Viewer After Scan checkbox.
- Click on the Scan button and then choose the Save option.
HP Officejet Pro 6978 How to Copy
- Power On your Officejet Pro 6978 printer.
- Insert the original file to be copied on the flatbed scanner glass.
- Touch the Copy button on the control panel of the Officejet Pro 6978 printer.
- Set the desired copy number, else press the keyboard and then type a number.
- Select the Gear icon; this opens the Settings option.
- If required, specify the advanced copy settings.
- Go to the Copy window by pressing the Back arrow key.
- The Copy function begins after you tap the Start Color or Start Black button.
HP Officejet Pro 6978 How to Fax
- Keep the file to be faxed on the scanner glass.
- Ensure that the input tray has enough blank papers.
- Make sure not to use the telephone line until you send the fax.
- Enter the receiving fax number on the control panel of the Officejet Pro 6978 printer.
- Send the fax by pressing the Send, Color, or Black button.
- After the fax is sent, a sheet gets printed by the 123.hp.com/ojpro6978 printer.
How to Connect HP Officejet Pro 6978
- To obtain the entire features of a printer that is connected using a USB cord, get the full feature software from this site.
- Confirm that the printer is in the Ready state.
- Power On your Mac or Windows personal computer.
- The USB cord is shipped with your Officejet Pro 6978 printer, else purchase a compatible one.
- Make sure not to plug the USB cord before installing the driver.
- Download the Officejet Pro 6978 printer driver from this page and start installing it.
- During the process, you will be asked to choose the model of connection; select the USB radio button.
- Plug the USB cord between the printer and the PC.
- Add the 123.hp.com/ojpro6978 printer to the list of devices and the setup ends after you click the Finish button.
HP Officejet Pro 6978 Factory Reset
- Turn the Officejet Pro 6978 printer On.
- Before you proceed, wait for the Officejet Pro 6978 printer to remain silent.
- With your printer powered up, detach the electrical cord from the rear.
- From the socket, remove the other end of the cord.
- After one to two minutes, reinsert the cord and then switch On the Officejet Pro 6978 printer.
- Now, all the settings on your 123.hp.com/ojpro6978 printer get restored.
HP Officejet pro 6978 Fix Problems
The solutions for fixing some of the common issues which occur on the Officejet Pro 6978 printer are listed below. To get the printer problems rectified quickly, contact our technical support team.
HP Officejet pro 6978 Won't Print
- Make sure that your Officejet Pro 6978 printer is connected to your personal computer properly.
- Confirm that you are using the right paper type and size.
- Do not keep papers that are wrinkled or scrambled.
- Check whether the correct 123.hp.com/ojpro6978 printer driver has launched on your system.
- Use the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool and follow the on-screen prompts for fixing the Print issue.
HP Officejet pro 6978 Offline
- The Printer offline message gets displayed on the computer screen.
- Confirm that your Officejet Pro 6978 printer is set as the default.
- Turn Off the Use Printer Offline mode on your personal computer.
- Remove the installed printer driver from your system.
- Reinstall the newest driver from this web page and then check if the offline issue is cleared.
HP Officejet pro 6978 Paper Jam
- The Officejet Pro 6978 printer stops feeding paper and an error message displays on the panel.
- Check for jammed papers inside the input tray, access door, or ADF tray and then remove the same.
- Make sure that the carriage can slide freely. Try cleaning the rollers that are present inside the Officejet Pro 6978 printer.
- Reset the 123.hp.com/ojpro6978 printer to fix the paper jam error.
123-hp-ojpro6978.com has the information which is true to the best of our knowledge. We provide instructions that support all brands of printers, and we operate independently. The site is developed to assist the users in all aspects regarding the issues in any brands of printers. We are a third-party service provider and not related to the 123.hp.com/ojpro6978 printer manufacturers in any way.